Contact Name: Dr. Dan Bragg
Company Name: Legacy Christian Academy
Phone Number: 937-352-1517
Web Address: www.legacyknights.org
Address: 1101 Wesley Ave. Xenia, OH 45385
Business Description: In light of cultural values and norms sliding at scary rates, the mission at LCA has never been more important. To think that students spend near 17,000 hours in a school K-12 speaks to the influence of half-hearted at best or antagonist commitment to Biblical principles or the idea of Truth. But @ Legacy Christian Academy we will train your children in the best of academics while also holding to the absolute truth of God’s Word. We want our kids to participate in athletics and a host of other curricular activities, so they can learn what it means to lead, work hard and become effective team members. The culture at LCA is bringing out the best in each of God’s fearfully and wonderfully made Students!!
- How is your business different from others in the same line of work? How does that difference benefit your customers? We are professional educators committed to best practice and innovation that allows the best combination of growth levers to happen in your children! It reminds me of the military term “Force Multiplier” when all the mentors, peers, academics, activities, and the culture in general, point your kiddos to the best opportunities possible for God to work – it is powerful!! We support parents in teaching and training their children to pursue God and live out His plan for their lives.
- How did you come to faith in Christ? I grew up in a Christian home but fell in love with Jesus at a “no hold back” level while in College at Taylor University. My walk with Christ has merged with everything I do in my family and my work as an educator. I love to lead, and I realize I need Jesus and His Word every hour! I work hard, but I can do nothing without Christ!
- What ministry/cause is near and dear to your heart, and why? Education for sure, but I love to talk a lot about World Views, thinking, and the process of journaling (which is about reflecting and staying connected to God through His Word).
- What is one interesting thing about you or your business that most people would not know? Legacy Christian Academy, used to be run by Dayton Christian as Xenia Christian. We became independent in 2015 and changed our name. The Lord has blessed our relationship and launch through Dayton Christian and now has really put us in a place to make a difference in Greene County and beyond. Our campus is the beautiful and the historic site of the Sailor and Soldiers home for Orphans that was started in 1870 by President Hayes and wife Lucy. People are shocked when they come on this campus and see what God has done here for us and our ministry partners AIA.
- Why do you advertise in the Christian Blue Network? We believe the Body of Christ is powerful and when we put our gifts, talents, resources together, we can make a difference in an age that is not very Christ-like or Biblical. I believe in the Church (capital C), and I believe in the ministry of Christian education that is necessary to train the next generation. With that in mind, we at LCA want to participate and add value to the work of the Church!! Edmund Buk said that “evil triumphs when good men do nothing.” I believe the truth of that statement is improved when we say, “when Christians do nothing (or do it poorly).”