Website International Friendships, Inc
Making the World feel at Home
The overall duty of this position is to support International Friendships Finance Department with the donation processing, vendor and credit card accounts payable, tracking and analyzing ministry expenses, maintaining the general ledger, reporting, and other accounting duties. The ultimate job responsibilities of this position will be determined by the competencies of the candidate, with salary commensurate to the job responsibilities.
The Accountant assists the CFO in performing “audit quality” accounting, related to recording revenues, processing payables, maintenance of general ledger, preparation of journal entries and monthly financial reporting and analysis. As part of a team lead by the CFO, the Accountant will also lead projects with and review the work of the Financial Assistant. The Accountant and Financial Assistant will work together to (list is not all inclusive):
- Accurately record/review contributions from donors into IFI’s financial software database and prepare receipts for donors
- Reconcile financial records in the donor database to the general ledger
- Record/review Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, ministry expense reimbursements and IFI credit card expenses.
- Prepare/review bank account reconciliations, process internal financial activity reports, and assist with year-end external audit
- Record Annual Budget inputs received from IFI staff and report on budgets as needed
Qualifications, including Spiritual Characteristics
- Adherence to IFI’s statement of faith, core values, and policies and adherence to ECFA Standards as practiced by IFI
- Ability to communicate with diverse populations from different ethnic backgrounds
- Well organized with great attention-to-detail and ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to work successfully in a team
- Ability to work under stress and be flexible
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Paid vacation, sick, and holidays
- Flexible hours and occasional work-from-home availability (after training period)
- Potential for career advancement
- Work for a growing Christian organization
Required Education and Experience
- Accounting degree or equivalent knowledge gained through demonstrated experience
- Ability to use Office software, especially Excel, and to learn customized financial software and databases
- A knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles or an aptitude and ability to learn them
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks in the nonprofit industry is preferred, but not required
- Experience in cross-cultural ministry also beneficial, but not required
Hours and Pay
The Accountant position is paid hourly and intended for persons available to work between 30 and 40 hours a week. Work evenings and/or weekends during IFI events may rarely be required. Minimal travel locally may be expected. The pay range is between $15.00 and $25.00 per hour.
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI) is a faith-based organization. Therefore, only those willing to adhere to IFI’s statement of faith, core values, and policies will be reviewed for this open position. International Friendships, Inc. is otherwise an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit ifipartners.applicantpro.com.