The Regional Church Ambassador (Ambassador) is a connector and relationship steward.
The Ambassador works to fulfill the overall mission of the Church Ambassador Network, which is to fulfill 1 Timothy 2:1-3, “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior.”
The Ambassador is a pastor who along with other Ambassadors, build out the statewide network of pastors who make up the Church Ambassador Network (CAN). It is essential the Ambassador has strong relationships with pastors in their region of Ohio that are centered around the Great
- Recruit pastors to participate in the Capitol Project.
- Coordinate or have a lead role in a monthly prayer gathering of pastors where CAN objective is promoted and advanced
- Communicate regularly with the Church Relations Director on inputs, outcomes and impacts of their activities
- Receive a monthly stipend for their efforts.
Reports to: Church Relations Director
Compensation: Part-Time; 3-5 hours per week (contracted rate)
Location: Varied, occasional in-state travel required
- Engage and Develop Relationships with Pastor/Churches within his/her Region
- Carry a caseload of (10-20) Pastors/Churches
- Introduce Pastors/Churches to CCV in ways that are mutually beneficial
- Develop authentic relationships that endear connection to CCV activities, both regionally and statewide
- Organize Monthly Prayer Gatherings with Pastors/Churches with his/her Region
- Responsible for scheduling, inviting and securing locations for monthly prayer meetings with Pastors/Churches in their region
- Responsible to capture visual reports/photos on activity at Prayer Meetings for CAN Social Media content
- Responsible for reporting attendance, highlights and action items from Prayer Meetings with the Director
- Co-Host small groups of Pastors to the Capitol Project
- Confirm and coordinate with Director 4-6 Pastors a month for the Capitol Project
- Responsible to capture visual reports/photos on activity at Ohio Statehouse activity for CCV Social Media content
- Organize Issue Forums (2-4 per year)
- With direction and oversight of Director, lead the scheduling, promotion and securing locations for Forum gatherings with Churches/Pastors in their region
- Host 2 – 4 Forums per year with the intent of equipping the Church/Pastor in areas of local concern that are impacting their church or communities
- Responsible to capture visual reports/photos on activity at Forums for CCV Social Media content
- Provide content for Pastors Briefing blog
- Develop a schedule of submissions with the Director for social media and promotional material
- Record and report on interactions and highlights of pastor engagement activities and testimonials that testify to the value of the CAN initiatives
- At least 5 years ministry leadership experience
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance
- Strong relational skills
- Self-starter, independent, motivated daily by a passion to see CAN objective advance.
- Strong time management and organization skills, punctual, able to operate on a schedule, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to communicate both compassionately and persuasively.
- Ability to work cross denominationally, and inter-generationally.
- Good writing skills
- Possesses basic computer skills including:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- (Graphic design, video production, and audio production are helpful, but not required)
- Mature Christian, currently attending or pursuing attendance in a local church.
- Agreement with and adherence to CCV’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrated commitment to CCV’s mission and position on core issues.
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential information.
- Trustworthy and responsible.
- Tactful and diplomatic, building consensus rather than emphasizing differences.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Exhibit strong leadership qualities.
- Outgoing, friendly personality.
Send resume and contact information for three references to Ruth McNeil at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.comContact: Ruth McNeil at 513-733-5775